Friday 14 February 2014

Sock wool

Well I have just finished a huge skein of sock wool over 200gms of rolags spun up very thinly and plyed off together yesterday.   I'm very pleased with it.


I have also received some packs of fiber in the mail earlier in the week that I am looking forward to playing with on the blending board.  There is rose, angora (rabbit) and llama fibers plus some sparkle stuff called angelina which adds some bling.

So the next lot to go on the wheel is another new to me blend for the latest comp.  Camel is the one I haven't tried before but from what went on the bobbin in about 20 mins it is going to be a dream to spin and is so soft.  Might ply it off with a soft blue/grey merino.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

The sock yarn is really beautiful - congratulations. Softness seems like the theme for your new experiments - very interested to see how they turn out.

Monica said...

Yes, I love that sock yarn too, wonderful colours, and I can see what a good job you did spinning it.

I don't know if you are aware that Angelina is fusible. I would be careful how you use it!