Thursday 7 November 2013

Yes more woolliness but the machine is coming out tomorrow

Lance's stripe socks are finished and I have only to do two sleeves for this crochet jacket. 

I have also finished spinning all Grace's purple, overdyed the beaded yarn I spun and did some more blue/grey merino. 

Horrid photo but it is brown really and not black lol.

I have also had my first try of Navaho (chain) plying as well and am so happy with the new wheel.  So much easier to control the tension etc on a wheel with scotch tension.  I liked the colours in the EGMTK Deep earth merino, suri alpaca and silk blend that I purchased a few more bags and will navaho ply all of it to hopefully keep the colours nice.
I have also posted off my xmas swap box today now that my partner has returned from her holidays.  Keep an eye out for it soon Ofaigh!

Tomorrow will see the machine having a run while I have some mending to do and make a small bean bag for Tess.

11 comments:

marina said...

I like the progress on your jacket, very dainty pattern.
lovely wool, the hank at the bottom looks gorgeous, so many earthy colours.
enjoy your mending and sewing time.

Cheryll said...

Your yarn is always so beautiful. Guess I'll just have to wait to see what you make from it! :)

Radka said...

Your crochet looks nice, I look forward to seeing your jacket :-)

barb's creations said...

Love the colours of your wool and can't wait to see the finished crocheted jacket, was it hard to work up?? :) Barb.

barb's creations said...

Love the colours of your wool and can't wait to see the finished crocheted jacket, was it hard to work up?? :) Barb.

Linda said...

Hi,really like the looks of your crochet jacket! Would love to know how to obtain the pattern? Thanks!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Sharyn T said...

Your jacket looks very nice Katherine. I bet spinning is very relaxing. Sharyn:)

Jillian said...

The jacket is beautiful- such lovely, even work. The wool looks great - a terrific purple and such rich, earthy tones. You are amazingly productive - ride the wave of energy!

Anthea said...

Wow Katherine, that purple yarn is quite striking! I love to see the progress on the crochet too, what a pretty sleeve... x

Jindi's Cottage said...

Pretty crochet...gorgeous purple...oh how soft is that lovely merino/alpaca/silk blend it looks so pattable...

Charlie and Wendy said...

Everything looks beautiful, love the look of the lace!