Saturday 31 August 2013

More finishes

Firstly thank you to everyone who has taken the time to show me support for my blogging and express their friendship.  Bloggy friends are important people who share common interests and support each others endeavors.

Now there have been a few more finishes this week!  Lance's aran jumper is finished as is a beanie for my Dad for Father's day along with a few other things.  Was going to say but he might just be reading this lol.




I also finished spinning and plying off the black merino which will be used with the varigated sock wool leftovers of Lance's last pair of socks.  The next pair are going to have black heels and toes just to make them a little different.  They will be a plain rib because the wool doesn't really allow a pattern to show up like it should.



A pic of our birthday boy.  Merlin turned 5 on Wednesday!  Don't know where that 5 years have gone lol.



Last weekend I also washed up the last of the grey merino and swapped the rest with Mum so she could have enough grey to finish a spinning project.  I received this beautiful chocolate brown corredale instead.  All washed now and looking gorgeous but I am making myself leave it alone until I have combed and spun more grey merino for my jumper lot.  I have two full bobbins of the soft blue/grey waiting for a few bobbins of grey to be plied off.  This photo is in the dirty state but it is very clean compared to parts of the merino which came from a different source.



I have also finished digging over the vegie garden and just have the chook house to clean out which I might leave until Tuesday.  Now I have set a day I will have to get it done.  Tuesdays are usually full of grotty jobs to be done and then they are out of the way for a while.  Might just get to plant a few things out in a sheltered spot later today.  But I think I will cover them at night for a while just in case there is a frost.

Also had a great time on Wednesday afternoon at Knitting group have started the back of my crochet cardigan but not taken any pics yet.  I managed to get 8 inches done on it Wednesday but haven't done much since as I have been spinning or reading books on my kindle fire.  Yes it has taken me three years of thinking but I finally got one last month and love it.  There are even a few American spinning, knitting and crochet magazines on there lol.  

Well that's my past week and I have enjoyed catching up with a few blogs too.  What a big job that was.

14 comments:

O'faigh said...

Hello Katherine, I enjoyed reading your post and through your blog gave me the inspiration to pick up knitting again after 30 years..I have knitted a blanket for a Challenge with a retreat I am going to in October...it will be for a child in Africa...currently I am knitting a pair of socks for myself..and when I find the yarn I want to knit a jumper..that I have a pattern for....that will be my next project....hugs lyn

Melody said...

Lovely knitting and happy birthday to Merlin, what a handsome boy

shez said...

boy i love that aran jumper you knitted you do such a beautiful job and you are so busy,have a lovely weekend my friend.xx

marina said...

lovely finishes, I think that jumper pattern looks very familiar? I think I knitted it for hub quite some time ago.I love the aran style.
your birthday boy looks very handsome.
Happy knitting...

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

You are so busy and accomplishing so much!!!

I used to have a cat named Merlin, what a sweetie pie he was, yours looks so fierce.

I got my Kindle refurbished from the Amazon website daily deals, and what a deal that was. I just love it. I'm going to sit outside right now and read my book (on the American Revolution) on it. Just think, no lights required!

I'm so behind on blogs, which is no excuse, as I'm now retired.

Fiona said...

gosh I don't know how you get all that done... the chocolate marino looks like it will be great... and what a wonderful piece of work the aran jumper is...
Hugz

Mistea said...

Love the Aran jumper. That colour is perfect to show the pattern nicely.
Your spinning looks gorgeous and I do remember how nice corriedale fleece is to handle.
Enjoy your new reader.

Charlie and Wendy said...

Lovely knitting, I love the beanie and great photo of the birthday boy!

Rachelle said...

Merlin is gorgeous; the one downside with our black cats is the lack of decent photos.
Loving all the woollies; hope the aran jersey is appreciated, a lot of work goes into those!

Maria said...

Beautiful finishes Katherine..
The newly spun wool looks fabulous.

Jillian said...

The Aran jumper is fantastic - just love it. I also like the beanie. My Dad used to wear one very similar - nice to be reminded on Father's Day. Not sure where he got it from - not from me!

The Corriedale looks great, look forward to seeing how it turns out. I still haven't oiled my chairs - you put me to shame. Hope I can catch Spring fever too.

Anita said...

Hi Katherine,
Happy birthday to Merlin, what a big puss puss!!! Love your knitted items and they will be lovely to receive as gifts. The colours gorgeous.
Cheers, Anita.

Claire said...

The beanie and jumper look amazing - now get a photo of Lance wearing them both!

Monica said...

The aran jumper looks fantastic, and you did a wonderful job on the black merino. It looks beautiful! I can't wait to see how the Corriedale comes out. Always impressive, Katherine!