Tuesday 30 June 2015

Finishes and a new knit started


8 ply socks.  This is a more realistic representation of the colour.  So comfy! Plus enough yarn left for another pair which I will do patterned and toe up after I split the ball.  That way no waste yarn.


Finished handspun gloves but I think I have already shared these.

Horrid pic but I had leftovers from the hats I did a couple of months back and decided to crochet it up into a scarf.  It is even believe it or not and I will get my new blocking wires out to block it tonight hopefully.

My new project is a 3ply fingering weight shawl called Southern Shawl by Libby Jonson on Ravelry.  Really enjoying it and have learnt some new techniques too.

7 comments:

Kaisievic said...

Great socks, they will keep your tootsies warm!

Bev C said...

Hello Katherine,

The socks knitted up well, they do look so warm. Have fun with the rest of your knitting projects.

Happy days.
Bev.

Anthea said...

Katherine those socks look so warm -- they'd keep the toes cosy for sure!

Lin said...

Great socks and mittens.Looking forward to seeing more of your shawl. xx

Jillian said...

Guess the socks are coming in handy - they look great. I'm very interested to see how the shawl shapes up.

Jillian said...

Have had a it of trouble posting comments. Great socks (again!) - you probably need them at them moment. Really interested to see how shawl turns out.

Cynthia Gilbreth said...

Great socks! Someday I will try them. I'm sure it must be nice to knit in the winter; it's summer hear and I don't even like to think about yarn this time of the year.