Sunday 26 April 2015

Red socks

Well another very quick finish off the needles was a pair of red tweeded socks for Lance in 8ply.
Another pair with the Fish Lips heel and I can now do it without having to look at each individual photo of the twinned stitches pages lol.  Can even do it with the tv on lol.  It is a great heel for toe up socks but I still love the traditional one with gusset etc.

Started on the 18th and finished on the 24th!  It is 8ply cleckheaton country naturals 85% Australian wool, 10% acrylic and 5% viscose.  It was lovingly made by the people at the Wangaratta Woollen Mills then later states it is made in China lol.  Was lovely to knit with though.

First photo is a little bright and the second is a little dark so please just imagine something in between lol.

I also started to spin some brown suri alpaca last night while I had the house to myself and as Lance is working and Grace is still at her friends I will be continuing on it while watching dvds today.  Have never spun suri before but am loving the softness and silkiness of it.  So hopefully after lunch I will start plying up the last couple of unfinished objects in my spinning box!  Then to get back to work on spinning up my jumper lots.

Hope everyone else is having a productive week too.

7 comments:

kiwikid said...

Those socks look like they would be lovely and warm...will be interested to see how your spinning goes.

Rachelle said...

I love those socks, DK socks are on my list of things to knit soon too, probably for youngest who desperately wants more handknit socks.

Jillian said...

Love the colour. They look extremely warm. Clever clogs!

Radka said...

Great colour!
xx

Monica said...

I always love those tweedy yarns, and red socks will certainly keep Lance warm this winter! And cheerful too, I imagine. :D

Anthea said...

Love the sock colour Katherine... cosy toes ahead!

Janet said...

Great socks!! Makes me want to make some for myself.