Thursday 2 April 2015

Finished objects

Finally here are some pics of my finished objects.   Started around the 26 Sept last year, well that is when I first blogged about it.  Sarah's jacket knitted from Bendigo Woollen Mills 12ply Charcoal which I thought was not as soft to work with as it used to be.  Washed up okay but I still need to de-hair the dog off it before Sarah gets home from uni tomorrow.


It is one of those huge wrap around things and is very long.  If I was going to knit it again I would definitely go a needle size lower to shrink it a bit.  Should be nice and warm for her in Geelong though.  If she still likes it that is.  If not sure Mum would love it lol.

Next up is my scarf made from old Bendigo Mohair Farm 3ply which I overdyed last year.  I am pretty happy with the outcome and used the cast on amount and the first pattern repeat for Wester Wald Waves by Kaeidschie on Ravelry.  I used thicker yarn than intended and there wasn't a full pic of it but thought what I could see looked interesting.  Took quite a while to knit so many stitches but then all of a sudden I was running out of yarn.



I have also been enjoying watching some podcasts about knitting etc by Little Bobbin Knits and also Tilly Trout on Ravelry.  I joined a mug cosy swap that was mentioned on Dani's podcast which is Little Bobbin Knits and they are drying on the blocking board at the moment so will have to remember to share a pic of those once my partner receives her parcel after Easter.  It was a large swap with people from all over England, America and a few Australians joining in and my partner comes from Melbourne so only about 3-4 hours drive away.  The idea was to make a mug cosy and add your favourite tea or coffee and a postcard.  Well I have managed to do all that and add some locally made chocolate as well! 

Tomorrow I am off to Geelong to pick up Sarah for a week at home.  Hopefully the weather will remain nice for driving and the traffic on the freeway not too heavy.  I am leaving really early so hope to be heading home again by 11am.  8 hrs in the car will be a long day and I am so glad I don't have to do it every week!

Happy Easter everyone and I am now going to pull out my mauve cardigan and start working back on that.  Plus some more socks for Lance.

4 comments:

rebecca said...

Wow, you have been prolific! Enjoy your time with your daughter.

Monica said...

Nice finishes! Enjoy your visit with Sarah, and happy Easter too!

Noela said...

Beautiful knitting Katherine. Hugs.....

Jillian said...

You are amazing! I achieve a fair bit but I can't match your output, and I don't have half your responsibilities, the cardi doesn't LOOK long in the photo. I love them long.

The scarf is beautiful - terrific colour and texture. Hope the drive was uneventful and you are having a great time with your family.