Saturday 24 January 2015

FNSI

Well here are my efforts for the first FNSI of the year.  I decided to pull out the 3 balls of Bendigo Woollen Mills cotton that I ordered the other week and start learning some new and more complicated crochet stitches.  I am doing them as wash cloth or dish cloth size so that they can be useful.  Gorgeous colours to work with too.  I got orchid, daffodil and honeydew.  Making a change from black!  plus I needed another 2 balls of the wool from there for Sarah's jacket otherwise it would not have sleeves lol.






I also enjoyed some reading of a crafty nature and watched a couple of dvd's with Lance as he had the day off work too.


So I might head over to Wendy's and visit there for a while to see what everyone else has done.

21 comments:

Jeanette said...

The colours of the wool are beautiful. Love your purple cloths. Hugs,xx

kiwikid said...

Love the colours you have used...love the purple too!

The 4 Bushel Farmgal said...

Great projects, and a nice way to learn new stitches!

Monica said...

Nice spring colours! I'm sure they were fun to work with. Nice even swatches, too, I particularly like the one on the right, which I think is the same as the close up. My sister has that book -- which stitch is it?

Lyn said...

lovely colours and what great washcloths...you were busy for FNSI

Janet said...

Lovely colours! One day I will learn to crochet...

e said...

Always good to challenge ourselves with new things/stitches :) Your cotton yarns are gorgeous :)

retdairyqueen said...

Great wash cloths

Susan said...

Lovely colours you have... Don't think I could waste them on dish cloths though.

Anonymous said...

Hi Katherine,love the colours of wool you bought,looks like a good book for learning stitches and i love knitting or stitching watching DVD's ,hope you are having a wonderful long weekend xx

Just Sew Sue said...

Very pretty wool.

barb's creations said...

Gorgeous colours you chose, will look forward to seeing the different stitches you try out with your dish cloths :) Barb.

Karen's Korner said...

Delicious colours. They would be so nice to work with.

Anthea said...

Lovely to see you for fnsi Katherine!
beautiful colours & lovely work...

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful colours and lovely work x

Maria said...

Such beautiful yarns..
Great purple clothes..
Nice to just sit and watch a movie with your Lance.

Jillian said...

I've got some of that cotton! I'm leaning to crochet - will have a blog about it soon. I like both patterns lovely work.

Fiona said...

love those cottons from Bendigo... I also like to make up washcloths ... they are so nice...
thanks for coming by my blog too and leaving a comment...
Hugz

Binsa said...

Lovely colours Katherine, I enjoy crochet. Kind Regards O'faigh

Flickenstichlerin said...

Dear Katherine,
what a good idea to try out new patterns, love the colors.
Greetings,
Sylvia

Käthe said...

Das Garn gefällt mir, sehr schöne Farben. Es sieht schon nach Frühling aus !
Liebe Grüße
Käthe